Sunday, January 18, 2009

Your Grandma Wears Skeleton Shoes

OK Runner, Norman, OK


This little grandma was a badass! She gave a whole new meaning to your parents' childhood phrase "your mom wears combat boots." Cookie came into the store one afternoon looking to kill some time browsing the apparel section of the running store. Yes, that's right, her name was Cookie. With a name like Cookie, she's gotta be sweet! I could see her handing out business cards with something like that printed on the back of her contact information. It's too bad she wasn't a real estate agent or baker because I really think she would have done well for herself. Instead, I believe I heard her say she was a former elementary school teacher. I wonder if she wore such cool shoes to class. She would have earned the respect of her students immediately if she had chosen to do so. My teachers in elementary school were certain to rock out in the ever so lovely S.A.S. leathers. Actually, I don't remember, but that probably was the case.

Cookie had a lot of spunk. She was definitely the type of figure who could remain upbeat even under the most depressing of circumstances. I see Cookie taking the news of a doctor telling her that she has breast cancer in a positive way. It would take a lot to get Cookie in depressed spirits as her attitude exuded positivity. Ms. Cookie immediately bonded with Anna as the two talked about grandkids and the teaching profession.

When I saw Cookie walk in the door I knew her shoes had to be posted because they seemed to be one of a kind. However, a few days later I spotted another person wearing shoes quite similar to Cookie's. That was a little rain on my parade. The shoes were probably purchased at Target for $19.99 and are most likely seen on the feet of teenagers. Regardless, I like the bedazzled look of the Chuck Talor-esque Converse shoes and think they were the perfect fit for someone like Cookie. Rock on grandma!

No comments: