Monday, January 12, 2009

Keeping it Classy (And Sassy)

Panera Bread, N. Decatur Rd., Atlanta, GA


These sassy boots immediately stood out to me while I was grabbing a coffee and some World Wide Web action at Panera the other day. This shop is located within steps of Emory University, which means it is 90% populated with college students wearing Ugg boots, "retro" Converse sneaks and other "I want you think I just casually grabbed these shoes from my closet but really I bought them because all my friends have them and I wanted to make sure I merge seamlessly with them" styles. These boots were dressy and sophisticated and most likely designer, so the wearer clearly did not blend in with the bourgeoisie. Given the proximity to Emory, I would be inclined to think she was a professor or otherwise employed there, but she didn't really give out that vibe. Maybe an administrator at the hospital? Don't those people wear uniforms of some sort?



I really wanted to snap a shot of the gaggle of girls sitting next to me to illustrate the groupthink shoes I mentioned above, but it would've been too obvious. Had I done so, I could've described in detail their conversation about the pros and cons of living with one's boyfriend before marriage (or just living together and never getting married), but I guess I'll have to save that for another day as well.

No comments: