Friday, January 9, 2009

We Are Not the Champion

OK Runner, Norman, OK

I snapped these bad boys while a customer was outside testing out a new pair of running shoes. He was an odd but educated man who worked in the exercise science department at OU. He had been sent in for a bit of advice by OKC Marathon winner and OU student, Jenny Graef. When I was about to hand the left shoe to the guy so that he could try it on, he specifically asked to see the right one first. I wonder if he has a quirk where he needs to put on the right shoe first similar to how I have to tie my left shoe first. It doesn't matter the order of which the shoes are put on but the left shoes has to be tied first. I'm not sure why, but that's the way it's done. The guy today didn't seem too particular with other things but I was only around him for a few minutes. I wonder if there are certain ways to make a sandwich or eat a pancake? I just know that I wouldn't want to be a part of his lab or conduct any experiments with him because I would guess that the method of doing something would be more important than the results.


I'm getting detached from the shoes that he wore in which weren't in too bad other than the fact that they were made by Champion. Doesn't Champion make beefy t-shirts and jock straps? These were definitely from Champion's casual line of sneakers and hopefully weren't designed to be worn during athletic endeavors. The leather upper was generally clean and had a sense of old school simplicity to it. I liked the four stripes which reminded me of Adidas Sambas. I'm sure I will have a post about the classic indoor soccer boot at some point so I will save those comments for another day.

No comments: