Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rich Boy Hungover Travels

Gate 31, San Diego International Airport, CA

I snapped these two characters catching a bit of zzz during my brief stay at the SD airport. I was on the first leg back to Oklahoma and I spotted a curious duo napping off what I could only imagine to be a serious hangover. I was intrigued by the guy's shoes on the left because they resembled bowling shoes, but they most definitely were not a stolen pair of kicks. Notice the matching hat on the floor? I'm sure it was pricey because the hat in his arms was Gucci as was the bag in his lap. These guys' outfits were casual yet expensive, at least it appeared that way. Big time ballers, or so it seemed. The dude on the right was wearing a Burberry sweater/jacket with a matching Burberry bag that is tucked between his legs. I can only imagine that it contained diamonds or, possibly, marijuana brought back from their trip to Mexico. It was 2 in the pm and these gentleman were hurting for some rest. With Tijuana only a few minutes across the border from Mexico, I'm sure these boys had a stellar time at the donkey show.

I have no idea where they were headed, but I sensed a bit of Euro in them. I want to picture them as "trust fund babies," but I know Mexico sells a lot of faux designer merchandise. I'm going to stick with my gut and say they shelled out some major cash for their threads and shoes. The style behind the kicks evoked Puma, yet they certainly were not. The bit of cursive writing behind the bowling shoes is what made these shoes intriguing. I couldn't quite make out what it said and I wish I had been able to catch a glimpse the brand, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll have to say that from an Imelda Marcos perspective the shoes were choice and I would sport a pair any day. I hope these boys traveled home safely to the confines of their parent's mansion

Bowling shoes? I think not!

"Those donkeys were crazy man."

No comments: